Thursday, August 03, 2006

it has started.

come in from class, lug body upstairs, drop backpack on the floor, flop on couch, set alarm for dinnertime...

i'm sitting in class when all of a sudden my permanent mandibular left second premolar falls out. just falls out. remembering what dr. spencer told us, i place it carefully under my tongue, then back in place. but everytime i close my mouth it falls back out. i quietly make my way to the front of the room to tell the teacher i need to go over to the clinic immediately to get this tooth taken care of. he says i can't miss class. argument ensues. i finally, weighing costs vs. benefits, decide to skip class and head decidedly clinic-ward. i get there, and the tooth has gotten so large it will no longer fit in my mouth and allow me to talk, but if i take it out to tell the D4 student doctor my ailment, it will dry out and become irreparable. they put me in the waiting room with the rest of the normal patients because i can't tell them how pressing my problem is. i grow increasingly more frustrated and tears start rolling down my cheeks.

...wake up, run tongue over lingual side of bottom teeth (check! all there), get up, make cous cous and black beans, open computer to study for test tomorrow...

2 comments:

evanmcb said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

evanmcb said...

also, that's really funny. see, i'm still having dreams about being late for the first day of class with mr. vandewalker. congratulations on moving on to better, graduate-like dreams.