Monday, February 06, 2006

i've got poison oak again.

I've sort of accidentally begun purging my life of certain types of people.
It began with one incident from which I made a stiff decision to separate myself. Then, upon finding it felt damn good to feel more control over my life, I began deleting relationships with others that I felt put my self worth in jeopardy. I lumped together people with generally negative dispositions, those whose emotional baggage takes up too much of my storage space, and some who are just discouraging overall.
It's pretty easy once you get started. Usually those types of people don't try too hard to communicate after a couple of attempts are ignored. I know this is a ridiculous way to handle problems and eventually I'm going to have to grow up and learn to deal with these situations, but for now I'm basking in the comfort of my closest friends. And enjoying the encouragement, fun, and (endearingly) terrible analogies that come from them.

Thank you. Now please boycott DiGiornio and opt for a salad. It's better for you anyway.

1 comment:

evanmcb said...

are you kidding? of course you have to weed people out. it's not a ridiculous way to handle things and it's not immature, either.

p.s. i hate frozen pizza, but sometimes i think that's all i've ever eaten.